Monday, March 2, 2015

HAND-LETTERING | PEN & INK

Hand-lettering is something quite popular right now. In a world where everything is online and/or mass produced, the hand-written or hand-made note is becoming more and more desirable. Creative fonts, designs, and shapes make a certain quote more interesting or meaningful, and even though I used very few of those tools in the following photos, I still decided to share my attempts at hand-lettering.


I wish desperately I had the foresight to photograph all the hand-made/written/designed thank you notes, envelopes, and sketches I have made over the past year, since there are many more impressive drawings I could be sharing. However, I did not, so I will be sharing this drawing I made a couple months ago. 

After listening to a sermon regarding I John 5:4-5, I drew this sketch.


---

"Now and then, when I am writing, I have begun some little drawings. It is nothing special but I see it all so vividly before me."
-Vincent van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment