Monday, March 9, 2015

JOSHUA 1:8-9 | HAND-LETTERED PASSAGE




After posting last Monday about my hand-lettered verse, I was contacted by a friend about doing another similar drawing, but with a different passage. He chose Joshua 1:8-9, which is a great comfort as well as a challenge to believers...

This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Of course I said yes because I am always up for a new challenge, and quickly set to work. First I had to lay everything out in pencil to make sure that everything would fit and would be straight (as well as pleasing to the eye). After that I spelled a word wrong (in pen), and then began again, using my original sketch as a stencil, and drew the sketch again, spelling everything correctly.

After several hours, this is the end result:


Joshua 1: 8-9 | Pen & Ink Lettering
S. Thomson
March 2015
Pen & Ink on 11 x 14" Drawing Paper

If you too have a favorite quote, Bible verse, or saying that you would like to have as a permanent fixture in your house, please contact me! I would love to collaborate with you.

---

"Faith is a living and unshakable confidence. a belief in God so assured that a man would die a thousand deaths for its sake." 
— Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment