Monday, January 26, 2015

NAN | STEPH PAINTS ANIMALS






Last Thursday I told y'all to come back to check out the colorful project I had going on, and today here it is.

This project was a special request from my aunt, a portrait of their Haflinger, Nan, who they've owned for a year. She sent me this photo of Nan (and Emma)...


 ...and this photo of a painting in a magazine...


...and a couple late nights later: here it is!



Nan
S. Thomson
2015
Oil on Canvas

So Stephanie does animals now, I guess. Together with a sheep and a horse seems like they're not as bad as I've always thought. After reducing Nan to lines and shapes, finishing the painting was really like a paint by number. 


---

"A good artist has less time than ideas."
-Martin Kippenberger

---


There's always a project going on around here, so keep on checking in. I've got a few projects just for fun to share and a few bigger and more intense ones coming up! This sketch is among one of those more intense projects. Have a great week everyone, see you on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment