Monday, March 30, 2015

HAND-LETTERING | ISAIAH 40:8

Last week I shared a simply drawn quote, and today I'm back with the same. Completing small projects like this in busier weeks is an easy way to do at least some art everyday, while not feeling behind or in an art rut. 

Isaiah 40:8 reads "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever," and is one verse that stuck out to me while reading last week. So of course I decided to draw it because who am I really but someone who loves handwriting. 


This was drawn on 11 x 14 inch, white paper. My goal in drawing on large white paper is to enable a clear scan that can be blown up or shrunk and printed on any size, style, and color of paper. This drawing differs somewhat from past drawings in the use of a "frame" (the wreath), and is an effect I rather enjoy.


Isaiah 40:8 | Hand-Lettering
S. Thomson
March 2015
Pen & Ink on Paper

---

"The worst bankrupt is the person who has lost his enthusiasm."
- A. W. Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment